We are responsible for barcoding and imaging specimens from the following states for this project:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
The organization of the collection will require us to vary the specimen selection so we don’t have many random specimens without barcodes and images.
|Blue, Yellow, Purple||West Indies,
|Manila and Green||Genus/species lettered on folder||All||Yes, except*(below)|
|Manila and Green||Only genus lettered on folder||ONLY states in project||ONLY barcoded specimens|
|Manila and Green||Tagged as an endangered or threatened species||All||No|
- Image all specimens that are barcoded, even if they were not supposed to be barcoded.
- DO NOT IMAGE THE FOLLOWING SPECIMENS:
- Rare and endangered species (these should already be marked those off the working list).
- Specimens with the following marks in or near the bottom left corner:
√ = already databased = already databased and imaged = already databased and imaged \ = already imaged (but, tag and notify the Collection Manager) O = already databased as minimal Ø = already databased as minimal and imaged
- If a specimen is marked “TYPE” in any way, including type, holotype, isotype, paratype, co-type, etc.,
* and is not already imaged and not filed in a special white cover,
* then – pull it out and bring it to the Collection Manager.