- 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday
- 1-5 p.m. Sunday
- Open year-round. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Last tickets sold 30 minutes prior to closing.
Admission & Tickets
General Admission is free, although donations are gladly accepted. There is a cover charge for featured exhibits and the Butterfly Rainforest. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
|Child Ages 3-17||Free||$6|
|Florida Resident w/ID||Free||$11|
|Senior 62+ w/ID||Free||$11|
|UF Student w/valid Gator 1 card||Free||Free|
|Non-UF College Student w/ID, FL schools only||Free||$11|
|ASTC Passport Members w/Card||Free||$11|
|Museum Members w/Card||Free||Free|
|Electronic Benefits Transfer Recipients w/Card||Free||$3|
* Donations are accepted; suggested amounts are $6 for adults and $4 for children. Admission donations help support the Museum’s exhibitions and education programs. The Museum accepts cash, charge or checks made payable to UF Foundation.
** Discounts cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
- All prices subject to change.
- We accept cash, traveler’s checks, American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- All tickets are for that day only. Re-entry with ticket stub, wristband or hand stamp.
- The Butterfly Rainforest is an outdoor exhibit. NO REFUNDS for inclement weather.
- The Florida Museum’s Admission Assistance Program provides financial assistance to economically disadvantaged school children, other individuals and community groups. For more information, please call 352-273-2027 or email email@example.com.
- Students who receive an ‘A’ or ‘E’ grade in science can provide their most recent report card at the front desk and receive a free admission with the purchase of a paid adult admission. The offer is valid for the Butterfly Rainforest exhibit, the featured exhibit, when available, or a value admission for both exhibits. Children 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. This offer has no cash value and cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.
- ASTC Passport Membership allows discounts and benefits at over 300 locations. Find out more about The Association of Science and Technology Centers Passport Program.
- As part of the “Museums for All” program, visitors who present a valid electronic benefits transfer card may enter the Butterfly Rainforest and featured exhibits for a reduced fee of $3 per adult. Up to four tickets at the discounted price, $3 for adults and free for children ages 3-17, may be issued per EBT card. Children must be accompanied by an adult. This offer is not valid for field trips, group packages or special events, and may not be combined with other discounts.
Gator 1 card,
funded by UF Student Government
Florida Museum of Natural History Exhibits
3215 Hull Road — Powell Hall
UF Cultural Plaza
PO Box 112710
Gainesville, FL 32611-2710
GPS coordinates: N29o 38′ 9.5″ W82o 22′ 10.9″
From Interstate 75: Take exit 384 and travel 1 mile east on State Road 24 (Archer Road). Turn north (left) on State Road 121 (SW 34th Street). Travel 3/4 mile to the third traffic signal. Turn east (right) on Hull Road. The entrance to the University of Florida Cultural Plaza is on the south (right) side of Hull Road.
From U.S. 441: Travel 2 miles west on State Road 24 (Archer Road). Turn north (right) on State Road 121 (SW 34th Street). Travel 3/4 mile to the third traffic signal. Turn east (right) on Hull Road. The entrance to the University of Florida Cultural Plaza is on the south (right) side of Hull Road.
From Jacksonville: Take I-10 west to US 301 South (exit 343) toward Starke staying on 301 to Waldo – 37.6 miles. From Waldo veer right (Gainesville sign) and drive 10 miles southwest on SR 24 (becomes Waldo Road in Gainesville) to the junction of SR 222/NE 39th Avenue. Turn west (right) onto SR 222/NE 39th Avenue. Cross over Main Street and then US 441/NW 13th Street. Continue to NW 34th Street. Turn south (left) and travel 3.5 miles to the traffic signal at Hull Road. Turn east (left) onto Hull Road. The entrance to the University of Florida Cultural Plaza is on the south (right) side of Hull Road.
- $4/day, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Free parking on weekends, and state and university holidays
- Please see attendant in gated booth for full info.
- To avoid receiving a ticket, visitors should park only in designated areas on weekdays (excluding holidays), even if there are open spaces in the large adjacent parking lot. UF Traffic and Parking enforces parking restrictions weekdays year-round.
From the Museum parking lot, turn left/west on Hull Road and cross over SW 34th Street. Buses should park in back of the large UF Park & Ride lot to the right/north of the Hilton Conference Center. Do not park in the hotel parking lot.
Off Campus: Use Regional Transit System (RTS) routes 20 (Reitz Union to Oaks Mall), 25B (UF Cultural Plaza to Airport), 28 (The Hub to Forest Park) or 34 (The Hub to Lexington Crossing). Visit the RTS website for detailed routes and schedules.
UF Campus: During the Fall and Spring semesters use routes 117 Park-N-Ride 2 (34th Street), 118 Park-N-Ride 1 (Cultural Plaza), 119 (Family Housing), 125 (Lakeside), 126 (UF East/West Circulator) or 129 Sorority Row (Lakeside). Visit the RTS website for detailed routes and schedules.
Know Before You Go
All Museum exhibits are wheelchair accessible.
Cameras and camcorders are welcome. Commercial photography and tripods of any type are prohibited.
No food, drinks or gum permitted in Museum exhibits.
The University of Florida campus is a tobacco-free environment.
Due to the limited width of the paths, backpacks and strollers are not permitted in the Butterfly Rainforest. Bags larger than 15″ x 15″ x 7″ must be checked at the desk before entering the exhibit.
|Gift Shop: Butterfly Rainforest||352-273-2060|
|Gift Shop: Collectors Shop||352-273-2041|
|Groups & School Visits||352-273-2027|
- The Discovery Zone has many fun, hands-on activities that foster critical thinking, creativity and collaboration.
- There are several kid-friendly exhibits with components to see and touch, including a limestone cave that invites exploration and collection drawers to open and examine.
- Strollers are permitted in all Museum exhibits except the Butterfly Rainforest.
- Save on admission with a Household Membership. Two adults and unlimited children ages 3-17 in the same household receive FREE admission to the Butterfly Rainforest and all featured exhibits for one year, as well as other great benefits!
- General admission to most of the Museum’s permanent exhibits is free.
- Value tickets are available providing discounted admission to the Butterfly Rainforest and current temporary exhibition.
- The Museum participates in the Museums for All program. Please see the Discount Details section under “Admission and Pricing” on this page for more information.
- Except for the McGuire Center for Lepidoptera and Biodiversity Lepidoptera collections, the Museum’s collections are housed in Dickinson Hall, located 2 miles from the exhibition center. This building is not open to the public, and all visitors must make an appointment with a staff member to gain entry. Dickinson Hall visitation information.
- McGuire Center visitors should enter the main Museum exhibition building and check in at the front desk.