The following is a checklist for daily imaging setup and shutdown.
1. Surge Protector: turn on, if off.
- Plug in
- Ethernet cable attached
- Camera attached
- Barcode reader attached
- Boot up / log in
- Is H: drive mapped?
- Plug in, if not already plugged in
- Switch settings; turn POWER on first, with all others off.
|Acc. 2||Acc. 1||Cooling Fan||Warm Light||Platform||Backside||Left Side||Right Side||Power|
- Plastic cover – off
- Plug in
- Lens cap – off
- Turn on camera
5. Computer: Open Camera Control Pro 2
- Tools / Transfer Options: make sure C:\SERNEC_local\processing is the save location
- Make sure images make both raw NEF and JPG files.
- Make sure the IPTC settings are correct.
- Make sure images are set to rotate 90 degrees clockwise.
6. Computer: Imaging Workflow Application
- Open the Imaging Workflow Application
- Make sure the working folder is C:\SERNEC_local
- Persist Metadata Tab: enter your name in Image Recorder Name, make sure scientific name, country, state and county are checked
- Enter Data Tab: press New Session. App should say monitoring processing folder.
7. Imaging Workflow Application Imaging Cycle:
- Data Tab: select Scientific Name from the drop down (manual entry will not save). If the species is not in the list, choose just the genus.
- Data Tab: select country, state, county (or manually enter).
8. Fragment packet contents should be displayed when enough material is not visible on the sheet. E.g., the flowers and fruits are in the packet and not visible on the sheet.
9. Place specimen in light box
10. Choose AF and Shoot in Camera Control Pro 2
11. Take specimen from light box
12. PUT CURSOR IN BARCODE FIELD of Imaging Workflow App.
13. Scan barcode (Make sure barcode matches stamped number).
14. Repeat steps 7-12 for each specimen.
15. At the start and periodically check images to make sure the focus and layout are correct.
End of Session
1. Close Camera Control Pro 2 and the Imaging Workflow App.
2. Log off the computer.
Final Close Down (if no one is starting a session after you / end of day)
1. Put lens cap on camera.
2. Turn off camera.
3. Cover camera.
4. Turn off all lightbox switches.
5. Put lightbox plates back on top.
6. Run the “Backup and Logoff” or “Backup and Shut Down” app on the desktop (bottom right).
7. Leave the computer alone, don’t close it!
8. (Leave surge protector ON).