Literature Useful To The Study Of Florida Plants
NOTE: This listing is not being maintained. The contents are being migrated to the Herbarium Library catalog.
- Alex, Jack F., Richard Cayouette and Gerald A. Mulligan. Rev. 1980. Common and botanical names of weeds in Canada. Publication 1397, Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, Ottawa, Canada. (Available from Canadian Government Publ. Centre, Supply and Services Canada, Hull, Quebec, Canada. 132 p.
- Behrendt, Siegfried and Martin Hanf. 1979. Grass weeds in world agriculture: identification in the flowerless state. BASF Aktiengesellschaft, Ludwigshafen, Federal Republic of Germany. 160 pp.
- Burgis, D.S. and J.R. Orsenigo. 1969. Florida weeds, part one. Circular 331. Florida Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. 10 p.
- Elmore, C.D. et al. Weed identification guide. Southern Weed Science Society, Champaign, IL.
- Hafliger, Ernst et al. 1982. Monocot weeds 3. Monocot weeds excluding grasses. CIBA-GEIGY Ltd., Basle, Switzerland. No pagination. [3rd vol. in Grass weeds series]
- Hafliger, Ernst and Hildemar Scholz. 1980. Grass weeds 1. Weeds of the subfamily Panicoideae. CIBA-GEIGY Ltd., Basle, Switzerland. No pagination.
- Hafliger, Ernst and Hildemar Scholz. 1981. Grass weeds 2. Weeds of the subfamilies Chloridoideae, Pooideae, Oryzoideae. CIBA-GEIGY Ltd., Basle, Switzerland. No pagination.
- Hall, David W. and Vernon V. Vandiver. 1990. Weeds in Florida. IFAS Publication SP-37, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, Gainesville, FL 32611. xii, 45 p. [Available from Publications, IFAS Building 664, Gainesville, FL.]
- Holm, LeRoy et al. 1979. A geographical atlas of world weeds. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY. xlix, 391 p.
- Holm, LeRoy G., Donald L. Plucknett, Juan V. Pancho and James P. Herberger. 1977. The world's worst weeds: distribution and biology. The University Press of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI. xii, 609 p.
- Martin, Alexander C. 1972. Weeds. (A golden guide). Golden Press, New York, NY, (for) Western Publ. Co., Inc., Racine, WS. 160 p.
- Miller, James F. et al. 1978?. Common weed seedlings of the United States and Canada. Cooperative Extension Service, College of Agriculture, University of Georgia, Athens, GA. 31 p.
- Miller, James F. et al. Rev. 1987. Weeds of the southern United States. Cooperative Extension Service, College of Agriculture, University of Georgia, Athens, GA. 42 p.
- Muenscher, Walter Conrad. 1st ed. 1935, 2nd ed. 1955, reissued 1980. Weeds. Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY. xviii, 586 p. (1st ed. and 2nd ed. 1955 published by the Macmillan Co.)
- Murphy, Tim R., coordinating author, et al. 1992. Weeds of southern turfgrasses: golf courses, lawn, roadsides, recreational areas, commercial sod. IFAS Publication SP-79, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, Gainesville, FL. 208 p.
- Musil, Albina F. 1963. Identification of crop and weed seeds. Agriculture Handbook No. 219, Agricultural Marketing Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Washington, DC. iii, 171 p.
- Orsenigo, J.R. et al. 1977. Florida weeds, part II. Circular 419. Florida Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. 19 p.
- Reed, Clyde F. 1977. Economically important foreign weeds, potential problems in the United States. Agriculture Handbook No. 498. Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Plant Health Inspection, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Washington, DC. vi, 746 p.
- Reed, Clyde F. 1970. Selected weeds of the United States. Agriculture Handbook No. 366. Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Washington, DC. ii, 463 p.
- Stucky, Jon M., Thomas J. Monaco and A.D. Worsham. 1980. Identifying seedling and mature weeds common in the southeastern United States. Bulletin No. 461. The North Carolina Agricultural Research Service and The North Carolina Agricultural Extension Service, North Carolina State Univ., Raleigh, NC. 197 p.
- Wilkinson, R.E. and H.E. Jaques. 1972 and 1979. How to know the weeds. 3rd ed. The pictured key nature series. Wm. C. Brown Co. Publishers, Dubuque, IA. vii, 235 p.
[top of page]
Last content update: 24 March 1997
Compiled by: Kent D. Perkins, University of Florida Herbarium
Copyright ©, 1995-2003 University of Florida Herbarium / Florida Museum of Natural History