- Scientist in Every Florida School January World Wetlands Summit — January 25, 2020
- Applications NOW OPEN! Deadline to apply: December 6, 2019
- World Wetlands Summit Application
- Summer Scientist in Every Florida School Summer PD Workshop — July 6-10, 2019
Visit these links to learn more about our past professional development workshops and to access the resources developed.
- Scientist in Every Florida School Kickoff Retreat (January 2019)
- Connections to the Biosphere Summer PD (July 2019)
- Human Evolution Summer Teacher Workshop (July 2019)
- Imaging and Digitization for Avocational Paleontologists Workshop (July 2019)
- Florida Association of Science Teachers (FAST) Conference (October 2019)
Teacher Webinar Series: ‘Putting The Nature of Science Into Practice’
- Dr. Rob Dunn (NC State)- Exploring Opportunities in Community Science (September 2019)
- Dr. Emily Durkin (University of Florida)- How Did Parasitism Evolve From Free-Living Ancestors? -Exploring the Experimental Design Process (October 2019)
Forms & Links
How To Video:
Teachers Interested in Requesting a Scientist:
We look forward to expanding physical scientist visits in additional counties soon.
We are prioritizing visits in the following pilot counties at this time: Alachua, Escambia, Lee, Palm Beach, and Seminole
- Post-Scientist Visit Evaluation
- Student Attitude Survey
- Media Release Form
- Scientist in Every Florida School Facebook Group
…Networking with amazing scientists and other educators. Loved the keynotes and sparks. I love that outreach is an expectation...
5th grade teacher, Escambia County
…Thank you for the BEST professional development I have ever attended. The content was perfect for all grade levels and the scientists presenting were amazing. Everyone involved from the professors to the grad students were so friendly and patient, and truly loved sharing their research with all of the teachers. I feel so rejuvenated and can’t wait to go back to school and share what I learned with students and colleagues…
11th and 12th grade biology and environmental science teacher, Marion County
…Working directly with my scientist was so meaningful on both a professional and personal level. He is an expert in translating science into practice. I came away with concrete activities and further developed my own understanding. Looking forward to connecting and bringing scientists into my classroom...
10th grade science teacher, Palm Beach County