As part of this program, the Thompson Earth Systems Institute hosts a series of teacher professional development workshops. During these workshops, teachers work alongside scientists to learn the latest research trends and develop hands-on lesson plans.
- Scientist in Every Florida School January World Wetlands Summit — January 25, 2020
- Summer Scientist in Every Florida School Summer PD Workshop — July 6-10, 2020
Visit these links to learn more about our past professional development workshops and to access the resources developed.
- Scientist in Every Florida School Kickoff Retreat (January 2019)
- Connections to the Biosphere Summer PD (July 2019)
- Human Evolution Summer Teacher Workshop (July 2019)
- Imaging and Digitization for Avocational Paleontologists Workshop (July 2019)
- Florida Association of Science Teachers (FAST) Conference (October 2019)
- Montbrook Pre-Visit Webinar Training (November 2019)
- Montbrook Teacher Professional Development (November 2019)
Teacher Webinar Series: ‘Putting The Nature of Science Into Practice’
- Stay Tuned!
- Dr. Emily Durkin (University of Florida)— How Did Parasitism Evolve From Free-Living Ancestors? -Exploring the Experimental Design Process (October 2019)
- Dr. Mariela Pajuelo (University of Florida)—Sea Turtles (November 2019)
- Victor Perez (University of Florida)–Measuring Megalodong-The Serendipitous Nature of Science (December 2019)