Scientist in Every Florida School unites Florida teachers, scientists to develop science lesson plans rooted in current research
From July 5-9, 59 teachers representing 22 counties will assist scientists with ongoing research projects.
Marion County first-grade teacher Jowan Johnson-Allen was awarded a SEFS Superstar Teacher of the Quarter award.
The selected projects are intended to communicate Earth systems science research to lifelong learners.
- Going Live with Ocean Expert Exchange (ANGARI Foundation)
- Scientist in Every Florida School Super Star Award (BECON-Eduvision Broward Public Schools)
- Moonshot initiative aims to put scientists in every Florida classroom (Mainstreet Daily News)
- WEST Prep Biology Students Participate in Scientist in Every Florida School (St. Lucie Public Schools)
- Want to teach kids about nature? Insects can help
- Insects in Trouble, But Humans Can Help
- Teachers Are Training To Bring A Scientist To Every School (WUWF)
- Clay Virtual Academy teacher selected to attend research lab program (Clay Today)
- Conservation Florida Hosted an Immersive Online Series That Explored the Backyards of Florida and Recorded Their Biodiversity (Conservation Florida)
- Florida college graduate receives donation from Tyler Discovery Science Place to continue kids science outreach program(CBS 19)
- Local Nonprofit Tackles Remote Learning Challenges and Brings Marine Scientists into Homes (Eco Magazine)
- FGCU Partners with UF Program Connecting Scientists, Teachers and Students (Wink News)
- Virtual Homeschooling Gets the Best The Nest has to Offer (FGCU News)
- Scientist in Every Florida School Program Delivers Online Resources to K-12 Teachers Amid COVID-19 Crisis (South Dade News Leader)
- Scientists Offer Help for Teachers and Online Programs for Kids Among Pandemic (WJCT)
- Is Florida Trying to Kill Me? (Gainesville Sun)
- Western Pines Teacher Receives Scientist in Every Florida School Superstar Award (Town-Crier Newspaper)
- Escambia Teacher Digs Up Prehistoric Tooth (WEAR Channel 3 News)
- A Scientist in Every Classroom (School District of Palm Beach County)
- A Scientist In Every School? This University of Florida Program Aims To Make That A Reality (WLRN)
- Scientists visit Escambia County students (WEAR Channel 3 News)
- UF Scientists Head Into Alachua County Classrooms (Gainesville Sun)
- Alachua to Begin “Scientist in Every Florida School” program (WJCB-TV 20)
- Education Desk: Is It Possible to Put a Scientist in Every Florida School? (WMFE 90.7 Orlando)
- Escambia Schools Selected for University of Florida Scientist in Every Florida School Initiative (North Escambia News)
- Escambia County Students to Get Hands-On Lessons from Scientists (WEAR Channel 3 News)
- Teachers gain expertise in human evolution through UF workshop (Gainesville Sun)
- Science Class: Connecting Scientists with Teachers and Students (UF Explore Magazine)
- UF Launches Bold Initiative to Tackle Society’s Biggest Problems (UF News)
- Keeping History Above Water – St. Augustine, Cultural Heritage and Sea Level Rise (America Adapts podcast)
- ‘A Complex Issue With Many Factors,’ Red Tide Is The Focus Of UF Panel This Week (WUFT)
- Gulf Coast Live on WGCU Interview with UF Thompson Earth Systems Institute Director Bruce MacFadden
- Leadership defined: Jon and Beverly Thompson bring earth systems to Florida and the world (University of Florida News)
- Leadership Defined (Florida GATOR Magazine)
Earth to Florida Blog
Action of the Month: Participate in Plastic-Free July
With the right tools and knowledge, we have the opportunity to contribute to a less wasteful, more sustainable future.
Long Live the Longleaf Pine
Remaining longleaf pine ecosystems now exist solely in clustered pockets, scattered across their ancient empire, a shadow of their former selves.
Here’s How to Keep the Planet in Mind While Prepping for a Hurricane (video)
How can you minimize waste while making sure you are ready for a hurricane? Watch this video for some tips!
Logos & Branding Guidelines
If you are a member of the UF Thompson Earth Systems Institute or Scientist in Every Florida School team, a funded TESI grant recipient or a TESI faculty fellow, you can download our logos and review our branding guidelines on our Logos & Branding Guidelines page.