Four University of Florida students currently work to promote two of TESI’s digital outreach pillars: its Earth to Florida newsletter and its Know Your...
Scientist in Every Florida School Program Delivers Online Resources to K-12 teachers Amid COVID-19 Crisis
The program has developed a suite of digital, on-demand K-12 resources that teachers can easily deploy using their virtual teaching platform of choice.
The Science on Tap series is aimed at bringing science topics to the community in the form of informal, participatory presentations.
- Scientists Offer Help for Teachers and Online Programs for Kids Among Pandemic (WJCT)
- Is Florida Trying to Kill Me? (Gainesville Sun)
- Western Pines Teacher Receives Scientist in Every Florida School Superstar Award (Town-Crier Newspaper)
- Escambia Teacher Digs Up Prehistoric Tooth (WEAR Channel 3 News)
- A Scientist in Every Classroom (School District of Palm Beach County)
- A Scientist In Every School? This University of Florida Program Aims To Make That A Reality (WLRN)
- Scientists visit Escambia County students (WEAR Channel 3 News)
- UF Scientists Head Into Alachua County Classrooms (Gainesville Sun)
- Alachua to Begin “Scientist in Every Florida School” program (WJCB-TV 20)
- Education Desk: Is It Possible to Put a Scientist in Every Florida School? (WMFE 90.7 Orlando)
- Escambia Schools Selected for University of Florida Scientist in Every Florida School Initiative (North Escambia News)
- Escambia County Students to Get Hands-On Lessons from Scientists (WEAR Channel 3 News)
- Teachers gain expertise in human evolution through UF workshop (Gainesville Sun)
- Science Class: Connecting Scientists with Teachers and Students (UF Explore Magazine)
- UF Launches Bold Initiative to Tackle Society’s Biggest Problems (UF News)
- Keeping History Above Water – St. Augustine, Cultural Heritage and Sea Level Rise (America Adapts podcast)
- ‘A Complex Issue With Many Factors,’ Red Tide Is The Focus Of UF Panel This Week (WUFT)
- Gulf Coast Live on WGCU Interview with UF Thompson Earth Systems Institute Director Bruce MacFadden
- Leadership defined: Jon and Beverly Thompson bring earth systems to Florida and the world (University of Florida News)
- Leadership Defined (Florida GATOR Magazine)
Earth to Florida Blog
Living Shorelines and Crop Insurance: Florida Preps for Climate Change
State representatives and residents are gearing up to prepare for how climate change will impact the state's coastlines, agriculture and important natural...
How Will Climate Change Play Out in Florida? Lessons from our State Climatologist
Despite the environmental missteps of the past and any current damage still ensuing, political and personal choices are morphing.
Expand Your World with these Online Learning Opportunities
Looking for educational materials to keep you or your family busy? We've got you covered!
Logos & Branding Guidelines
If you are a member of the UF Thompson Earth Systems Institute or Scientist in Every Florida School team, a funded TESI grant recipient or a TESI faculty fellow, you can download our logos and review our branding guidelines on our Logos & Branding Guidelines page.