Join us in our mission to advance communication and education about Earth systems science in a way that inspires Floridians to be effective stewards of our planet. Your investment allows us to create a unique educational experience for Earth’s future leaders. Here are a few examples of what your generous gift could do:
- Support a professional development program for Florida’s public school teachers focused on bringing current environmental research to the classroom.
- Help put a UF undergraduate student through our TESI Environmental Communicators Internship, where they can hone their science communication and education skills.
- Support our UF TESI Environmental Leaders Fellowship, which brings together students from diverse majors and backgrounds and provides them with the knowledge, skills, confidence, and network to advocate for the planet as they take on leadership roles in their respective careers.
- Provide a UF scientist or graduate student with an education and outreach grant to bring their science to the public.
- Fund an innovative public program in our local community.
To support our environmental leadership opportunities, public education and outreach programs, and science curriculum professional development initiatives, make a gift to the Jon and Beverly Thompson Earth Systems Program endowment using our secure giving site.
The new Florida Museum expansion will house the UF Thompson Earth Systems Institute suite, which will be a campus hub for researchers studying air, water, land, and life to collaborate on bringing their science to the people. The expansion will also feature an Earth systems-themed public exhibit for Museum visitors. To support the Florida Museum Expansion, make a gift to the Florida Museum of Natural History Building and Renovation Fund using our secure giving site.
For more information, please contact:
Executive Director of Development and Advancement