Mail the following items to:

Program of Vertebrate Paleontology, Florida Museum of Natural History, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611-7800, USA

  1. Your name (as it appears on the permit) and your permit number (listed on your permit card).
  2. Check or money order for $5.00 per applicant in U.S. currency, payable to the University of Florida. If you are sending multiple permit renewals or applications, include one check for the total amount, not multiple checks of $5. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH. PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN YOUR CHECKS AND MONEY ORDERS!
  3. If you have a US address and are requesting 3 to 5 permits, please include $1 for the extra postage. Please add $1 for every 3 additional permits to be mailed.
  4. For permits mailed to an address outside of the US, including Canada and Mexico, please include $2 for 1 to 2 permits. Please add $2 for every 3 additional permits to be mailed.
  5. If your mailing or email address or phone number have changed, please send updates so we can keep our database current and that your renewed permit will be mailed to your current address.
  6. If you have not already submitted a signed report form covering the last year your permit was valid, one must be included in the renewal package. Failure to submit a report form will prevent the Program of Vertebrate Paleontology from issuing you a renewed permit.

If your permit has expired, it should be renewed (do not apply for a new permit). Even if it was last valid many years ago. If you errantly made vertebrate fossil collections on state land following the expiration date, these must be reported on a report form with a special notation. If you do not remember your permit number or the exact dates when it was last valid, then email the vertebrate paleontology division and they will look that information up for you.