- This event has passed.
Go behind the scenes and learn more about your favorite movies with a panel of scientists, artists and special effects experts as we view and discuss Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines (1965) PG.
Explore the Museum after-hours Friday nights in July as we host FREE movie screenings and explore the balance between science and art in partnership with Creative B. This year’s films incorporate a Leonardo Da Vinci theme in honor of the 500th anniversary of his death and include a discussion with our expert panel of scientists, artists and special effects experts. Parental discretion is advised.
- Panel discussion starts at 7 p.m. (Watch the conversation LIVE!)
- Featured movie (FREE)
- Ian Breheny – Florida Museum exhibit designer
- Tim Lawrence – ILM creature shop supervisor for “Ghostbusters 2,” concept sculptor for “Jurassic Park” and character effects crew and puppeteer for “Gremlins 2” and “Harry and the Hendersons”
- Terry Harpold – UF associate professor of English, film and media studies
- Mark Law – Director of the UF honors program
Find out more about the University of Florida’s Creative B program.
July 5-Ever After: A Cinderella Story (1998) PG-13
July 12-Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines (1965) PG
July 19-Fantastic Voyage (1966) PG
July 26-Mr. Peabody & Sherman (2014) PG
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee’s consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.