Bring a group of 10 or more adults to the Museum and enjoy discounted admission to fee-based exhibits. Add a guided tour to make your experience even more special!
Guided Group Visit Options
Join a knowledgeable Museum docent or staff member for an in-depth tour of the Museum exhibits and related areas, geared for an adult audience. Available from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday-Friday. Three-week advance reservations are recommended. (Two weeks notice required.)
|Guided Tour||Price Per Person||Max Group Size||Availablity|
|Butterfly Rainforest VIP||$25||15||Ongoing|
|Crocs Exhibit||$8.50||–||Sept 17, 2019-Jan 5, 2020|
Want to see it all? This special tour highlights selected sections of the Florida Museum’s world-renowned permanent exhibitions including Florida Fossils: Evolution of Life & Land, South Florida People & Environments and Northwest Florida: Waterways & Wildlife. This tour lasts approximately 60 minutes. $5/person. 40 people max.
The VIP tour is led by the Butterfly Rainforest Exhibit Manager and lasts approximately one hour. The tour begins with the “Wall of Wings” display and information about the McGuire Center for Lepidoptera and Biodiversity collections, and continues through the Butterfly Rainforest with information on butterfly identification and lifecycle, and nectar plants and other food sources in the landscaping. The VIP tour ends with a behind-the-scenes look in the Rearing Lab and information about its operations. $25/person. 15 people max.
This tour is led by a Butterfly Rainforest staff member and lasts approximately 30 to 45 minutes. Information provided covers butterfly identification, the life cycle, nectar plants and other food sources in the landscaping, and Rearing Laboratory operations. $15/person. 25 people max.
Explore and learn about one of nature’s oldest and stealthiest hunters. Discuss the complex lives of these captivating predators from their rich fossil history to their precarious relationships with human societies. The tour lasts approximately 30-45 minutes and is offered Sept. 17, 2019 – Jan. 5, 2020. $8.50/person
Reserve a Group Visit
Self-Guided Visit Options
Groups that prefer independent exploration of the Museum may self-guide without the benefit of docents or staff. Three-week advance reservations are recommended. (Two weeks notice required.)
|Self-Guided||Price Per Person||Availablity|
|Crocs Exhibit||$6.50||May 18, 2019-Jan 5, 2020|
Crocs + Butterfly Rainforest
|$16.50||May 18, 2019-Jan 5, 2020|
|Amazing Pollinators||$6.50||Jan. 25-Sept. 7, 2020|
Amazing Pollinators + Butterfly Rainforest
|$16.50||Jan. 25-Sept. 7, 2020|
Free admission year-round to all exhibits except the Butterfly Rainforest and Featured Exhibit. Donations are accepted; suggested amount is $6. Admission donations help support the Museum’s exhibitions and education programs.
Explore the Butterfly Rainforest at your own pace without accompanying docents or staff. $11/person.
Enjoy our featured exhibit, Crocs: Ancient Predators in a Modern World, at your own pace without accompanying docents or staff. $6.50/person. Available May 18, 2019–Jan. 5, 2020.
Suitable for groups that prefer independent exploration of the Crocs: Ancient Predators in a Modern World exhibit and the Butterfly Rainforest. $16.50/person. Available May 18, 2019–Jan. 5, 2020.
Enjoy our featured exhibit, Amazing Pollinators, at your own pace without accompanying docents or staff. $6.50/person. Available Jan. 25–Sept. 7, 2020.
Suitable for groups that prefer independent exploration of the Amazing Pollinators exhibit and the Butterfly Rainforest. $16.50/person. Available Jan. 25–Sept. 7, 2020.
Group Visit Details
Everything you need to know to make trip-planning easier.
- No deposit required for reservations—final group count and full payment are due at time of arrival.
- To receive the group discount, admission for all participants must be paid in one payment at check‐in.
- If on the day of your scheduled visit there are less than 10 people in your group, you will be charged the regular admission rate.
- Bus driver(s) admitted free.
- We accept cash, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Travelers Checks, or Corporate/Organizational checks made out to the University of Florida. No personal checks.
- All prices are subject to change.
- NO REFUNDS/EXCHANGES for inclement weather.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled visit time.
- Group rates are valid Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Last entry into the Butterfly Rainforest is at 4:30 p.m.
- All tickets are for that day only. Re-entry with wristband and hand stamp.
- Groups with more than 20 participants will be divided into smaller groups of 10 to 15.
- From the Museum parking lot, turn left/west on Hull Road and cross over SW 34th Street. Buses should park in back of the large UF Park & Ride lot to the right/north of the Hilton Conference Center. Do not park in the hotel parking lot.
- Our outdoor, covered patio area has tables and seating for about 60 people. It is available on a first-come basis. Lunches and coolers can be placed under the covered area on the North side of the building.
- Additional lunch seating is available near the Natural Area.
- Please do not take groups of more than 10 people to the Harn Museum’s Camelia Court Café without a reservation. Call 352-392-2735 for reservations, menu options, and hours.
Contact the Group Sales Coordinator at 352-273-2027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org