Note: The Florida Museum is no longer offering guided group tours. Self-guided tours are still available: bring a group of 10 or more adults to the Museum and enjoy discounted admission to fee-based exhibits.
Self-Guided Visit Options
Groups can enjoy self-guided independent exploration of the Museum while receiving discounted admission. Three-week advance reservations are recommended. (Two weeks notice required.)
|Self-Guided||Price Per Person||AvailabIlity|
|Science Up Close! Fantastic Fossils||$6.00||4/2/2022 – 1/1/2023|
|Science Up Close! Fantastic Fossils + Butterfly Rainforest Best Value!||$16.50||4/2/2022 – 1/1/2023|
|Spiders Alive!||$7.00||1/28/2023 – 9/4/2023|
|Spiders Alive! + Butterfly Rainforest Best Value!||$17.50||1/28/2023 – 9/4/2023|
Free admission year-round to all exhibits except the Butterfly Rainforest and special exhibit. Donations are accepted; suggested amount is $6. Admission donations help support the Museum’s exhibitions and education programs.
Explore the Butterfly Rainforest at your own pace without accompanying docents or staff. $11.50/person.
Explore the Science Up Close! Fantastic Fossils exhibit at your own pace without accompanying docents or staff. $6.00/person. Available April 2, 2022 – Jan. 1, 2023
Explore the Butterfly Rainforest and Science Up Close! Fantastic Fossils exhibit at your own pace without accompanying docents or staff. $16.50/person. Available April 2, 2022 – Jan. 1, 2023
Explore the Spiders Alive! exhibit at your own pace without accompanying docents or staff. $7.00/person. Available Jan. 28, 2023 – Sept. 4, 2023
Explore the Butterfly Rainforest and Spiders Alive! exhibit at your own pace without accompanying docents or staff. $17.50/person. Available Jan. 28, 2022 – Sept. 4, 2023
Group Visit Policies
Everything you need to know to make trip-planning easier.
- No deposit required for reservations—final group count and full payment are due at time of arrival.
- To receive the group discount, admission for all participants must be paid in one payment at check‐in.
- If on the day of your scheduled visit there are less than 10 people in your group, you will be charged the regular admission rate.
- Bus driver(s) admitted free.
- We accept cash, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, or corporate/organizational checks made out to the University of Florida. No personal checks.
- All prices are subject to change.
- NO REFUNDS/EXCHANGES for inclement weather.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled visit time.
- Group rates are valid Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Last entry into the Butterfly Rainforest is at 4:30 p.m.
- All tickets are for that day only. Re-entry with Admission Sticker.
- Groups with more than 20 participants will be divided into smaller groups of 5.
- From the Museum parking lot, turn left/west on Hull Road and cross over SW 34th Street. Buses should park in back of the large UF Park & Ride lot to the right/north of the Hilton Conference Center. Do not park in the hotel parking lot.
- Our outdoor, covered patio area has tables and seating for about 20 people. It is available on a first-come basis. Lunches and coolers can be placed under the covered area on the north side of the building.
- Additional lunch seating is available near the Natural Area.
- A variety of restaurant options are available at Butler Plaza, a retail complex under 2 miles driving distance from the Museum.
Contact the Group Sales Coordinator at 352-273-2027 or email email@example.com