The Butterfly Rainforest is a can’t-miss living exhibit that features hundreds of free-flying butterflies and birds from around the world along with an assortment of other animals including turtles and fish to experience firsthand.
$14 adults | $12 Fla. residents/college students | $12 seniors | $7 ages 3-17
The lush landscape is planted in tropical trees and colorful flowering plants amid waterfalls and a walking path. Skilled interpretive staff are available to help answer questions and provide visitors with a personal and highly engaging experience.
View the live butterfly spotlight Monday through Friday at 2 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., weather permitting.
- Rich Tropical Environment
Wander through a unique and ever-changing living ecosystem showcasing butterflies, birds, turtles, fish, bromeliads, orchids and hundreds of other vibrant flowering plants.
- Butterfly Feeding Stations
View a variety of tropical butterflies up close as they feed on trays of fresh cut fruit.
- Garden Inspiration
Discover great design ideas and plant selections for your own landscape.
- The Butterfly Rainforest typically contains more than 50 butterfly and moth species at any given time.
- The continuous population is more than 1,000 butterflies.
- Butterflies in the exhibit typically live two to five weeks.
- Tropical butterflies generally begin flying when the air temperature reaches 65 degrees.
- Butterflies in the exhibit are raised on butterfly farms around the world. This form of sustainable agriculture helps protect natural forest habitats from destruction and promote local economic growth.
- The Butterfly Rainforest is a 6,400-square-foot screened exhibit exposed to typical Florida weather conditions, resulting in a more natural environment for the butterflies and plants.
- The flowering plants and butterflies in the exhibit change regularly, making each visit unique and full of new discoveries.
- William W. and Nadine M. McGuire
- The CBS Butterfly Endowment supports Butterfly Rainforest operations. Make a gift today.