L earn about Florida’s plants and animals by exploring collections, hiking and participating in socially distanced activities!
These unique events give participants:
- An up-close look at Museum specimens to learn about the collections and their importance
- The chance to take part in activities relating to Florida’s wildlife
- A special hike and personalized tour of the creatures that live in local parks
This program is aimed at K-6 graders and all youth must be accompanied by a paid adult. Register early as there are limited spots available!
Masks are expected and social distancing guidelines will be implemented at all times during the event.
Most park explorations include short hikes on marked trails. Plan ahead to make the most of your time in nature.
- Up to 1 mile of hiking (strollers not recommended).
- We could potentially get up to 30 minutes away from restrooms during the hike.
- Bring a reusable water bottle.
- Wear appropriate footwear and clothes that can get dirty.
- You might want some bug spray!
There are no scheduled Museum in the Parks events at this time.
Visit local parks at your own pace on your own time to learn about Florida’s natural world! We hope each of these units will inspire you to look at birds, mushrooms, fishes and bugs at our nearby parks!