- This event has passed.
Go behind the scenes and learn more about your favorite movies with a panel of scientists, artists and special effects experts as we view and discuss Ever After: A Cinderella Story (1998) PG-13.
Explore the Museum after-hours Friday nights in July as we host FREE movie screenings and explore the balance between science and art in partnership with Creative B. This year’s films incorporate a Leonardo Da Vinci theme in honor of the 500th anniversary of his death and include a discussion with our expert panel of scientists, artists and special effects experts. Parental discretion is advised.
- Opening reception at 6 p.m., food provided by Custom Caterers.
- Panel discussion starts at 7 p.m. (Watch the conversation LIVE!)
- Featured movie (FREE)
Save the Date on Facebook LIVE Panel Discussion
- Ian Breheny – Florida Museum exhibit designer
- Tim Lawrence – ILM creature shop supervisor for “Ghostbusters 2,” concept sculptor for “Jurassic Park” and character effects crew and puppeteer for “Gremlins 2” and “Harry and the Hendersons”
- Jeanne Ewert – English/American Literature, Film and Folklore Studies Librarian at UF’s George A. Smathers Libraries
- Allison Raper – Doctoral candidate at UF’s College of the Arts specializing in Renaissance art history
The Museum’s permanent exhibits, except the Discovery Zone, Crocs and the Butterfly Rainforest, will be open to the public for extended hours until 10 p.m.
Find out more about the University of Florida’s Creative B program.
July 5-Ever After: A Cinderella Story (1998) PG-13
July 12-Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines (1965) PG
July 19-Fantastic Voyage (1966) PG
July 26-Mr. Peabody & Sherman (2014) PG
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee's consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.