Note: The Florida Museum is no longer offering docent-led guided school tours. Self-guided field trips are still available.
Are you a teacher at a K-12 public school in Florida? Check out the Scientist in Every Florida School program offered by the Thompson Earth Systems Institute. It offers scientist classroom visits (virtual and in-person), professional development, teaching resources and more. Florida public school teachers are encouraged to Request a Scientist for your classroom as well as visit their Events Calendar to register for upcoming livestreams.
Field Trip Options:
How to Schedule a Field Trip
- Identify your preferred field trip, date and time, as well as several alternate days.
- Determine the number of students and chaperones. One chaperone for every 10 children is required.
- Schedule your field trip online. Two-week advance reservation required. (Three weeks recommended.)
- A confirmation packet will be emailed to you. Review the confirmation packet and contact us if any information is incorrect. Please note that your visit is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation from the Museum.
- Questions? Contact the Group Sales Coordinator, email@example.com, or 352-273-2027.