This opportunity is curated through the UF TESI Environmental Leaders Network. Opportunities posted through the Network may not be affiliated with the Florida Museum or TESI, but are shared with UF undergraduate students who want to learn more about environmental research, education and outreach, and civic engagement.
- Resident or strong ties to Miami-Dade, Broward, and/or Palm Beach Counties
- Enthusiasm for raising funds for non-profit organizations
- Strong passion for protecting South Florida’s ecosystems
- Team player who is enthusiastic about collaborating with the Board and Operations personnel to ensure the success of the organization
- Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Waterway Advocates to advance its mission
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve Waterway Advocates’ mission
- Help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate inBoard meetings, at least bi-monthly
- Participate in committees and initiatives outside of Board meetings in collaboration with the Co-Executive Directors and other Operations personnel
- Maintain confidentiality about internal matters of the organization.