Why Shop Local?
Support your local economy! Locally-owned businesses are more likely to utilize other local businesses for their needs.
They’ve accounted for 65% of new jobs in the U.S. over the last 17 years. Plus, for every $100 spent with a local business, $68 stays in the community! During periods of financial uncertainty, local businesses need community support to stay afloat; every dollar makes a difference.
Benefits of Shopping Local
Local business owners are invested in the well-being and future of their communities.
They donate more money to nonprofits, they can be more accountable to their communities, and they often have a smaller carbon footprint compared to larger companies.
Why Support Farmers Markets?
- Increase access to fresh, healthy food.
- Stimulate local economies.
- Support healthy communities.
- Preserve farmland & rural livelihood.
- Promote sustainability.
What You Can Do:
- Select a local restaurant, cafe, or bakery for your next meal.
- Shop for birthday gifts at a local gift shop, boutique, or bookstore.
- Sign up with a local gym.
- For lawn care and landscaping needs, visit a local nursery or hardware store.
- Next time your car needs a tune-up, visit a local mechanic.
- Shop at your local farmers market.
The next time you need a bite to eat, a shopping spree, or some fresh groceries, consider sourcing a local business or farmers market!
Find a farmers market near you: https://www.ams.usda.gov/
Information from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Farmers Market Coalition.