- This event has passed.
Join the Archie Carr Center for Sea Turtle Research (ACCSTR) and the UF Thompson Earth Systems Institute from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 16 to celebrate World Sea Turtle Day at Cypress & Grove Brewing Co.
Sea turtles: Where are they, what are their roles, and what is affecting them?
- Alexandra Gulick, ACCSTR: Alexandra will discuss the interactions between green turtles and their favorite food, seagrasses.
- Constanza Manes, ACCSTR: Constanza will talk about a mysterious disease affecting sea turtles in recent decades called Fibropapillomatosis, which causes the growth of highly debilitating tumors.
- Daniel Evans, Sea Turtle Conservancy: Dan will share the history of sea turtle tracking and the discoveries associated with it.
- 6:30 p.m. – Event starts! Grab a bite, brew and mingle with faculty/staff from the Archie Carr Center for Sea Turtle Research, Sea Turtle Conservancy, and the UF Thompson Earth Systems Institute.
- 7-8 p.m. – Speakers will present and lead audience discussion.
- 8-8:30 p.m. – Meet the speakers and other representatives from local organizations.
Blue Line Tex Mex & BBQ
The event activities and discussion are FREE. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.Register here
Please send any questions to Alex Fireman, email@example.com.
Can’t make this event? Join us Saturday, June 18 at the Florida Museum of Natural History for more World Sea Turtle Day activities! Learn more.
Venue1001 NW 4th St.
Gainesville, FL 32601 Get Driving Directions
The UF Thompson Earth Systems Institute may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to one of our events constitutes the attendee’s consent regarding the possibility of appearing in TESI marketing materials.