This opportunity is curated through the UF TESI Environmental Leaders Network. Opportunities posted through the Network may not be affiliated with the Florida Museum or TESI, but are shared with UF undergraduate students who want to learn more about environmental research, education and outreach, and civic engagement.
Why should students participate?
- Learning about Florida Flora and Fauna
- USFS level Chainsaw certifications
- Cooking for large groups
- Organizing large groups to do tasks
- Tool usage like, hedgers, axe, mowers, brush cutters, hand saw and loppers
- Infrastructure building like bridges or puncheons
- Community outreach and fundraising
- Small engine repair
- Tool repair and maintenance
- First aid skills
- And so much more…