This opportunity is curated through the UF TESI Environmental Leaders Network. Opportunities posted through the Network may not be affiliated with the Florida Museum or TESI, but are shared with UF undergraduate students who want to learn more about environmental research, education and outreach, and civic engagement.
UF Horticultural Sciences
- Perform tissue culture transfers and initiations of blueberry species into tissue culture from the field directed by the germplasm coordinator.
- Work with the germplasm coordinator to initiate blueberry plant material from field conditions to tissue culture conditions.
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory space.
- Opportunities for independent research and training within the Blueberry Breeding Lab.
- Strive to grow in plant breeding and increase knowledge and abilities.
Full-time preferred: 40 hours per week
Part-time available: 15- 20 hours per week
Must know laboratory techniques such as pipetting, titration, media preparation, etc.
Deadline to apply
September 29, 2023