Education and public outreach initiatives are important components of the smalltooth sawfish recovery plan. In this section, you will find information useful in further educating and answering common questions the public may have on the conservation status of sawfish.
Signs and Brochures
Outreach and Education PowerPoint Presentations
- Endangered Sawfishes : U.S. Perspective
- Endangered Sawfishes: U.S. Perspective, Spanish version
- Endangered Sawfishes: U.S. Perspective, Portuguese version
General Outreach and Education Resources
- Sawfish Activity Guide (from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- Sawfish Attacked: Marine debris to blame for sawfish fatalities
- Sawfish FAQ, Anatomy, Biology, Myths and More
- Sawfish Species Profiles
Classroom Activities and Resources
These activities were adapted from the “Sawfish In Peril” educator workshop teaching guide. They include printable classroom activities like: What is a sawfish? How large are sawfish? How long do sawfish live?