- This event has passed.
Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month with the Museum and the Gator Salsa Club! Explore the culture of Latin America while learning how to dance Salsa and Bachata and discover the contributions of Hispanic and Latinx naturalists and scientists at our 10th annual Viva Museum!
See what research is happening in Central and South America, one of the most biodiverse and culture-rich regions in the world! Come and take part in a FREE Salsa and Bachata lesson at 2 and 3 p.m. and discover the history of these dances, courtesy of Gator Salsa Club. No registration required!
Talk to scientists and naturalists from the community who have worked with Latin American biodiversity and learn more about Hispanic heritage.
This is a bilingual, family event. Este es un evento bilingüe y familiar.Save the Date on Facebook
- Elise LeCompte, Florida Museum Registrar
- Lucas Majure, UF Herbarium
- UF Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics & Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Keith Wilmott and Marcela Diaz, Florida Museum’s McGuire Center for Lepidoptera and Biodiversity
- Maria Vallejo, Laura Rincon and Lazaro Vinola, Florida Museum Vertebrate Paleontology Collection
Venue3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee's consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.