- This event has passed.
In coordination with the Gainesville Latino Film Festival, celebrate the biodiversity and culture of Latin American at the Florida Museum.
This year honors the 250th anniversary of Alexander Von Humboldt’s birth. The extraordinary work of this scientist brought attention to the rich diversity of life in Central and South America. In honor of his travels and National Hispanic Heritage Month, view Peruvian, Venezuelan, Mexican and Cuban artifacts, which will be on display.
This is a bilingual, family event. Este es un evento bilingüe y familiar.
- Florida Museum Ethnographic Collection (from 10 a.m. to noon)
- Florida Museum Herbarium Collection
- Florida Museum Herpetology Collection
- Florida Museum Mammals Collection
- Florida Museum Ornithology Collection
- Gainesville Latino Film Festival
- Lubee Bat Conservancy
- The Mint Genome Project
- UF Department of Biology – The Longo Lab
- UF Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science
Food Vendors: Arepa Burger Food Truck, Deli Fresh BlessingSave the Date on Facebook
Venue3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee’s consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.