- This event has passed.
The Florida Museum and First Magnitude Brewing Co. invite you to a fundraiser to help support butterfly conservation in Florida. As part of the event, First Magnitude will release a special brew called “Frosted Elfin New England-Style Session Pale Ale,” highlighting the rare frosted elfin butterfly.
This butterfly has the notable achievement of being the first to contribute to its own conservation by helping make this beer. Brewers from First Magnitude and scientists from the Florida Museum teamed up to collect wild yeast picked up by these butterflies from their surroundings and used it to create the “Frosted Elfin New England-Style Session Pale Ale.”
- $10 includes $1 off all beers
- $15 includes a signature glass and $1 off all beers
- Additional merchandise will also be available for purchase
- Each of these donations comes with a wristband and the first 100 recipients will get a 4-inch potted plant as a gift
- The plant species that will be available are Indian Blanket, Leavensworth’s Coreopsis, Dotted Horsemint and Tall Elephant’s-Foot
All proceeds will directly support imperiled butterfly recovery efforts in Florida.
Venue1220 SE Veitch St.
Gainesville, FL 32601 Get Driving Directions
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee's consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.