Celebrate Black History Month at the Florida Museum! Learn about the wide variety of careers available in the museum industry from members of the Black in Natural History Museums organization as they discuss their experiences during a panel discussion. Meet Black scientists and educators from all over the country in this free, family-friendly event.
The panel discussion and Q&A takes place from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Visitors can also explore the museum to meet other researchers and educators and take part in a scavenger hunt as part of a gallery exhibit highlighting Black scientists throughout history.
Moderator: Adania Flemming, Doctoral Candidate, University of Florida
- Mikayla Agbamuche, Paleobotanist
- Oshneil Baker, Entomologist
- Dr. Hank Bart, Ichthyologist
- Alnycea Blackwell, Communicator and Graphic Designer
- Dr. J.C. Buckner, Evolutionary Zoologist
- Breonna Davis, Entomologist
- Adania Flemming, Ichthyologist
- Nicole Fuller, Zooarchaeologist
- Britney Hay, Ecologist
- Dr. Alexis Jackson, Wetland Ecologist
- Tonika Jones, Science Educator
- Vernaeyah Lane, Entomologist
- Dr. Leanne Melbourne, Marine Paleontologist
- Brianna Mims, Herpetologist
- Jonel R Morris, Ecologist
- Hadeel Saad, Evolutionary Biologist
- Dr. Jessica Ware, Entomologist
- Aaron Woodruff, Paleontologist
Venue3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611 Get Driving Directions
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee’s consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.