This page is an online resource for lab members.
- Online File Storage and Data Management at UF
- Research Computing and HiPerGator
- Soltis lab GitHub Organization: The lab has a github.com organization where you can host code, data, etc. Ask Matt about joining the organization.
Lab Safety and Volunteers
- Lab Safety Training: All people who work in the lab need to take these trainings:
- Lab safety information is tracked in GatorTracs
- Autoclave operation and safety (2019)
Before you do any travel on University business it is important to fill out a travel authorization form. This not only makes sure Pam and Doug are aware of where you are going, but makes it possible to be reimbursed and provides a certain amount of insurance coverage on your travels. Without a travel authorization, it is difficult to get reimbursed and if you are injured, the University may not assist.
There are additional requirements for international travel.
If you do not know if you should use Museum or Biology forms, please ask Matt!
- The Museum intranet has an online travel form for travel being covered by the Museum.
- The Museum intranet has a PDF version as well.
- The Biology Department has Travel forms online too.
- The University will not reimburse lodging expenses charged through AirBnB (as of Jan 22, 2019).
- Everyone in the Museum needs to wear a name badge at all times (even nights and weekends).
- Facilities Services Work Orders: Too hot, too cold, leak, etc: 2-1121
- EH&S Pest Management: roaches: Pest Management Trouble Form
Lab and Office Desk Space
Please see Matt and/or Evgeny if you need a desk or lab bench or want to change your current space. We try to provide everyone with suitable space and work to ensure the space we have is used efficiently.