Over the years, we’ve developed a number of lab protocols. Many of these are provided here and you are welcome to use and adapt them to your own needs. Several of these are older protocols that are no longer used in the lab, but users may still find them helpful.
- Soltis Lab CTAB DNA Extraction Protocol–still used with some modification
- DNA Extraction Protocol from Edwards 1991–quick and dirty DNA extraction
- Promega Wizard Kit DNA extraction protocol
- RNA Extraction Protocol for Basal Angiosperms–a bit outdated.
Flow Cytometry and Histology
- Flow Cytometry Protocol for ploidy determination
- Nail Polish Peels – 2023
- Histology Protocols
Microsatellites and Sequencing
- Microsatellite Capture–old method with enrichment, cloning and Sanger sequencing
- PCR cleaning and sequencing–Old protocols for our Beckman CEQ Sequencers which we no longer have