December 10th, 2018
By Gitzendanner, Matt
Request an Account
Once you have a Gatorlink, you can request an account on the form here: https://www.rc.ufl.edu/access/account-request/
List Pam as your sponsor.
- We currently have 50TB of space
- We will can add more storage, but /ufrc storage is $140/TB/yr, so not cheap!
- Each user has their own directory
- The /ufrc/soltis/share/ folder can be used for sharing, common data, etc.
- If you have important data that you need regular access to and this should be backed up, keep it in /ufrc/soltis/share/Soltis_Backup/. This is the only location on /ufrc/soltis that is backed up in any way.
- The /orange filesystem is somewhat slower than /ufrc, so not best for active data used in running jobs.
- We currently have 52TB of space.
- Each user can create their own directory.
- This is a great place to archive data you are not actively working on.
- It is much cheaper than /ufrc–only $25/TB/yr.
- One copy of all raw sequence data should go in /orange/soltis/SequenceBackup.
- This folder is backed up nightly.
- If you have important data that you do not access regularly, you can put it in /orange/soltis/Backup_and_archive
As noted above, the ONLY places that are backed up in any way are:
- /ufrc/soltis/share/Soltis_Backup/: Use for important data that you need regular access to and this should be backed up.
- /orange/soltis/Backup_and_archive/: Use for important data that you do not access regularly.
- /home: Research Computing does maintain a daily snapshot of your home directory for one week. See this video for accessing your snapshots.
- /orange/soltis/SequenceBackup: For archiving raw sequence data. Should be set to read only to minimize accidental data changes.
Categories: Lab information
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.