- This event has passed.
Join the Florida Museum for our fifth annual 5K to celebrate our Survival of the Slowest exhibit! This virtual event allows runners to take part from anywhere in the world.
Have a running group you left behind with a move? Want to challenge your sister in Cincinnati to a showdown? Got a brother you want to beat in Baltimore? Everyone can register and run together!
How to participate in the virtual 5K
Registrations are FULL for this event!
Save the Date on Facebook
- $20 for medal and t-shirt pick up
- $25 for medal and t-shirt delivered
After signing up
- Send the race coordinator a link/screen shot of your GPS watch, strava or any distance tracking app that shows you have completed your 5K.
- Send the race coordinator a selfie of you completing your 5K. We would love to get tons of pictures of happy athletes that we can share showing how social media can lessen our social distancing.
- Not into technology? Email the race coordinator a virtual pinky promise that you’ve completed your 5K!
- Submissions are due: Saturday, March 20
- All participants who submits their proof via email by Saturday, March 20, will receive a t-shirt and custom medal. Shirt sizes are only guaranteed for registrations submitted by March 7.
- Everyone who submits their proof via email by the deadline will also be entered into a drawing for the chance to win a handmade sloth trophy!
- Race packet pick up will be on Saturday, March 20, and Sunday, March 21.
- All packets for delivery will be mailed out the week of Monday, March 22.
What does a Virtual 5K look like?
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee's consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.