- This event has passed.
Take a ride through history! Experience the University of Florida from a completely different perspective on this FREE tour exploring archaeological sites and historic features that make the campus unique.
Led by the Florida Public Archaeology Network, this family-friendly tour includes information about the Native Americans who lived and thrived in this area for thousands of years, long before UF existed, before Victorian houses and railroad depots were built, and prior to when the Seminole and Spanish wrangled cattle on the Prairie.
This event was originally scheduled for Nov. 6, but was canceled due to inclement weather.
More venues may be added to this list:
- Begin at the Florida Museum
- Baughman Center
- Lake Alice
- University of Florida Levin College of Law
- End at the Florida Museum
This event is now sold out.
- BYOB-Bring Your Own Bikes! All levels of bike riding experience welcome.
- The two-hour tour will start and end at the Florida Museum. Check in at the Museum picnic tables by 1:45 p.m. The ride begins promptly at 2 p.m.
- Helmets and water bottles are strongly recommended. If rain is forecast, we will cancel and reschedule.
History Bike Gainesville is a guided bicycle tour in and around Gainesville that stops at selected historic sites for interpretation and discussion.
Venue3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee's consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.