- This event has passed.
The Florida Museum’s Shake Your Honey Maker 5K has gone VIRTUAL! Due to public health concerns, we have decided to make the 5K a virtual race. Everyone already registered and who participates will still get their shirt and medal, avoid the crowds and get to race from anywhere. See below for more information on how to participate!
How to participate in the virtual 5K
For those already registered, you can:
- Send the race coordinator a link/screen shot of your GPS watch, strava or any distance tracking app that shows you have completed your 5K.
- Send the race coordinator a selfie of you completing your 5K. We would love to get tons of pictures of happy athletes that we can share showing how social media can lessen our social distancing.
- Not into technology? Email the race coordinator a virtual pinky promise that you’ve completed your 5K!
- Submissions are due: Wednesday, March 25
- Everyone who submits their proof via email by Wednesday, March 25, will be entered into a drawing for great prizes, including massages, race medal hangers, original pollinator-themed woodwork art and eight weeks of free capoeira training. The prizes will be awarded randomly and will not be based on your time.
Shirt and Medal Pick-up:
- Due to Alachua County’s stay-at-home order and the University of Florida’s request for only essential personnel to be on campus, we are unable to distribute shirts, medals and prizes on April 1 as planned. Stay tuned for an email from the race coordinator with a new pickup date coming soon.
- Sneaker submissions will still be accepted and can be brought in during shirt and medal pickup. GotSneakers, is a sneaker recycling organization that will pay $1 for every pair of wearable athletic sneakers and $0.25 per pair for all other conditions collected. Proceeds collected will benefit the Florida Museum’s Admission Assistance Program
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to your submissions!
Join us for our fourth annual Florida Museum 5K, which is a combination of trails in the UF Natural Area Teaching Laboratory and campus roads.
SOLD OUT – Unfortunately, we are unable to accept any further registrations, including on the day of the race.Save the date on Facebook
*UF students must have a valid Gator 1 card.
Shirt sizes are only guaranteed for registrations submitted by Feb. 27.
- Prize information coming soon!
Got sneakers? We want them! Recycle your old sneakers at the 5K and help keep them out of the landfill. Sneakers will be collected during medal pickup on April 1 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Florida Museum is teaming up with GotSneakers, a sneaker recycling organization that will pay $1 for every pair of wearable athletic sneakers and $0.25 per pair for all other conditions collected.
Proceeds collected will benefit the Florida Museum’s Admission Assistance Program, which provides financial assistance to economically disadvantaged schoolchildren, other individuals and community groups. For more information about admission assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venue3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee’s consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.