Celebrate your child’s next birthday at the Museum! The Museum offers a variety of party themes to suit your child’s age and interests. Leave the party to us. We provide the fun; you supply the kids!
Birthday parties will resume August 24.
All parties include:
- Museum party theme of your choice
- A private decorated room
- Birthday party leader
- Theme-related exhibit tour, activities and crafts
- A goodie bag for each child
- Plates, cups, napkins and utensils
- Setup and cleanup
- Butterflies (Ages 4-12)
What’s a butterfly’s favorite color? How hungry are caterpillars? Get up-close and personal with these amazing creatures on an insect expedition through the Butterfly Rainforest. Enjoy the beauty and science of butterflies.
- Cave Explorations (Ages: 4-10)
Come caving with us! Explore a North Florida cave and its surrounding hammock. From bats to fossils, you never know what you’ll find in our North Florida cave.
- Fossils (Ages 4-12)
Hunt through our Florida Fossils exhibit and unearth Florida’s geologic history. See a baby alligator, a giant sloth, and animals of every size in between. You’ll even make your own take-home fossil!
- Something Fishy (Ages 4-12)
Join us for a Museum journey as we explore Florida’s marine life. Make a model fish and “swim” through our larger-than-life estuary. Discover a whole new world in this underwater adventure!
|Fossils, Cave Explorations, Something Fishy Themes||Members||Non-members|
|Each additional child||$15||$15|
|Butterflies Theme *||Members||Non-members|
|Each additional child||$21||$21|
|Each additional adult||$11||$11|
A $50 nonrefundable deposit is required to reserve your date and time. Payment in the form of cash, Discover, Visa, MasterCard or American Express is accepted. Full payment is due the day of the party.
* Butterflies party fees include Butterfly Rainforest admission for 10 children and one adult. Extra adult admissions to the Rainforest are the responsibility of the birthday party host. Refunds will not be given for weather-related cancellations.
Birthday parties are available the fourth week of August through the first week of June.
Saturdays: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. or 2-4 p.m.
- You may bring your own food, beverages and ice chest or cooler, but no refrigeration or freezer is available.
- The Museum provides paper goods and plastic ware.
- Birthday leaders will set up and clean up the room.
- The Museum will provide theme-related decorations. Additional decorations may be attached with masking tape, Scotch tape, or Velcro (to our carpet-covered walls). Balloon centerpieces are allowed, but no individual balloons or piñatas please.
- Your damage deposit will be applied to the final payment if no special cleaning is necessary and no damage is found after your party.
- Our best suggestion is to keep the plans simple, reduce your stress and let the Museum setting be the excitement. Take the opportunity to make this the easiest, as well as the best, party ever.
- Kids enjoy planning for their big day, so let them help choose the theme.
- The Museum Collectors Shop is a great place to shop for inexpensive party favors! As always, Museum Members receive a 10 percent discount at the shop.
Birthday party dates may be reserved online or by phone up to three months in advance.
- You will be contacted within five business days to confirm if your date and time are available. After you have been contacted, your reservation will be held for five business days.
By Phone: Call 352-273-2061.
- A phone reservation is held for five business days.
Within the five business days, you must come to the Museum and pay the $50 nonrefundable deposit. Full payment is due the day of the party. You may pay in full at the same time the deposit is paid. The deposit is non-refundable but can be applied to the final payment if no special cleaning or damage is found at the end of your party. If the reservation is made less than two weeks before the party date, payment is due in full.
Can’t get to the Museum during the week? Print the Birthday Party Terms & Conditions form. Come to the Museum on Saturday or Sunday and leave the form and check at the front desk in an envelope addressed to “Birthdays.”
IMPORTANT! Registrations are not final until we receive the deposit or full payment if the party is less than two weeks away. The date you request is reserved for five business days only. Walk-in or mail this form with payment to the Museum. Full payment is due the day of the party. Address envelopes:
Florida Museum – Birthday Parties
PO Box 112710
3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611
If the host provides the Florida Museum written notice of cancellation more than 10 business days prior to the event, the rental fee paid, minus the $50 nonrefundable deposit, shall be refunded. If the host cancels within five business days of the event, a fee of $50 plus 20 percent administrative fee will be charged. Rescheduling upon the host’s request within five business days of the event is considered a cancellation and will incur the same fee. Refunds will not be given for weather-related cancellations.
Reserve Your Party Date
Questions? Call 352-273-2061 or email email@example.com.