- Draw a box around the data points you are interested in to zoom the map. Click Reset or Zoom Out to change the view.
- Click the icon to learn more about that shark species.
- Use the sliders to select the date range.
- All attack types are included by default; click the Non-fatal or Fatal buttons to include just that type of attack.
- Desktop browsers are recommended for the best experience.
- Requiem spp. are members of the family Carcharhinidae. Examples of these include blacktip, spinner, and sandbar sharks. Due to the similarity of small coastal species in this group in tooth shape, body size, and appearance, it is often difficult to assign a species in bite cases. Based on life history traits, ISAF suspects blacktip sharks (C. limbatus) account for the majority of these requiem bites in Florida. However, these cases lack enough evidence to be conclusive.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this experimental map format!
< Return to Shark Attacks Website