- This event has passed.
Join the Florida Museum of Natural History and Alachua County Library District for the National Endowment for the Arts Big Read, a series of events building community while lifting the voices of women in science! This special evening, presented in partnership with Guts & Glory GNV, is a FREE virtual event featuring personal and true stories told by real scientists!
Science is never perfect, it can be unpredictable, hilarious and fun! Join us via Zoom for a night of storytelling, science and fun.
The theme, #FieldworkFail, is based off of the trending social media hashtag turned book about the reality and randomness of scientific fieldwork.
- Allison Bordini, Outreach Assistant for the Florida Museum’s Laboratory of Molecular Systematics & Evolutionary Genetics
- Trista Brophy-Duron, Ph.D. student in UF’s School of Natural Resources and Environment
- Aditi Jayarajan, Ph.D. student in the Florida Museum’s Mammals Collection
- Laurel Kaminsky, Lepidoptera Digitization Coordinator in the Florida Museum’s Kawahara Lab
- Nattapol Kraisitudomsook, Ph.D. Student in UF’s Department of Plant Pathology
NEA Big Read Series:
Sept. 14 to 19– Book Pickup
Sept. 19– NEA Big Read Kickoff: Lab Blitz
Sept. 24– Fieldwork Fails
Oct. 13– Book Meetup: Lab Girl
Nov. 17– Book Meetup: Lab Girl
Dec. 5– Book Meetup: Swimming with Sharks
Jan. 12, 2021– Book Meetup: Lab Girl
Jan. 30, 2021– Book Meetup: Evelyn the Adventurous Entomologist
Feb. 13, 2021– Girls Do Science
March 27, 2021– Book Meetup: Finding Wonders
NEA Big Read is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest.
Venue3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee’s consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.