- This event has passed.
Join us for a morning at the Museum for adults and children on the autism spectrum and their friends, families and caregivers. The Museum will be open from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. for visitors to explore at their own pace in a peaceful and less-crowded environment.
In addition, a separate quiet space will be available to decompress or desensitize, if needed. While this event is designed as a sensory friendly event for members of the autism spectrum disorder community, anyone with special needs is invited to attend!
- Access to the permanent natural history exhibits and Discovery Zone
- Sensory maps with rules and expectations
- Quiet area in a Museum classroom
- Volunteers and staff in the exhibits to provide assistance
- Tablers with resources from UF’s Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD)
Venue3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee's consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.