- This event has passed.
Due to public health concerns, the Museum for Me event has been canceled. The Museum will continue to monitor the evolving situation and keep the public updated regarding future events. We apologize for the inconvenience!
Join us for a morning at the Museum for adults and children on the autism spectrum and their friends, families and caregivers. The Museum will be open from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. for visitors to explore at their own pace in a peaceful and less-crowded environment.
In addition, a separate quiet space will be available to decompress or desensitize, if needed. All members of the autism spectrum disorder community are invited to attend.
- Access to the permanent natural history exhibits and Discovery Zone
- Sensory maps with rules and expectations
- Quiet area in a Museum classroom
- Volunteers and staff in the exhibits to provide assistance
- Tablers with resources from UF’s Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD)
Venue3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee’s consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.