- This event has passed.
Join a panel of scientists, artists and special effects experts as we view and discuss Dracula (1931) Not Rated.
Friday nights in July, the Museum and Creative B will host FREE movie screenings and explore the balance between science and art. In honor of our exhibit Masters of the Night, this year’s films incorporate a bat theme and include a discussion with our expert panel of scientists, artists and special effects experts.
- Panel discussion starts at 7 p.m. (Watch the conversation LIVE!)
- Featured movie (FREE)
- Brian Pope – Director of the Lubee Bat Conservancy and previous animal programs keeper at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park
- Madeline Gangnes – UF English Ph.D. candidate and president of the UF graduate comics organization
- Ian Breheny – Florida Museum exhibit designer
- Tim Lawrence – ILM creature shop supervisor for “Ghostbusters 2,” concept sculptor for “Jurassic Park” and character effects crew and puppeteer for “Gremlins 2” and “Harry and the Hendersons”
The Museum’s permanent exhibits, except the Butterfly Rainforest, will be open to the public for extended hours until 10 p.m.
Movie: Parental discretion is advised.
Find out more about the University of Florida’s Creative B program…
Venue3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611 Get Driving Directions
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee’s consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.