- This event has passed.
Alachua County is participating in the global iNaturalist City Nature Challenge from April 30 to May 3! Join us for this special Members Only event to learn to identify your backyard biodiversity and help put our community on the map!
Mark Hostetler, University of Florida wildlife professor, will lead this FREE Zoom session on using the iNaturalist app and show how community scientists like you can contribute to research during the 2021 City Nature Challenge for Alachua County. Museum members of all ages are invited to attend!
This event is for Museum members only.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the Zoom link. Please include the name on your membership in your email!
Before the Zoom
- Create an iNaturalist account
- Download the iNaturalist app to your phone
- Join the City Nature Challenge (instructions below)
- Practice uploading a few photos to the app!
Once you have the iNaturalist app and set up an account, it’s easy to find the project and join. Screen shots below.
- In the upper left, click on the menu icon to discover your options. Click on ‘Projects’.
- Click on the search icon in the upper right and search for ‘City Nature Challenge Alachua’ to locate our local challenge. There are many cities participating, so be sure to select Alachua County.
- On the project page, click the ‘Join’ button. (You can leave the project at any time using the ‘Leave’ button.) You can tap the arrow in the upper left to leave this area and the project will now be on your project list.
Click on images to preview the app steps:
Not a member yet?Become a Member
Venue3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee’s consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.