Join the Florida Museum of Natural History to witness one of the world’s most awe-inspiring events. Follow the hoof prints of zebra, wildebeest and other ungulates on their migration from the Serengeti to Masai Mara Reserve!
You’re invited to a special reception at the Sweetwater Branch Inn to learn about an exciting safari available to the Gainesville community sponsored by the Florida Museum of Natural History. This pre-safari reception will take place on April 30, 2019 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Register today for the information session.
Holbrook Travel & the Florida Museum present:
Sept. 10-23, 2019
Led by Florida Museum Director Doug Jones and Florida Museum Associate Curator of Herpetology David Blackburn.
Tanzania is famous for its abundant wildlife — particularly the “big five” game of lion, leopard, African elephant, rhino and Cape buffalo — and rich in other species, including a large diversity of birds. This 15-day expedition brings you up-close with not only the iconic fauna of Tanzania, but also its peoples, cultures and history — including Olduvai Gorge, the “Cradle of Mankind.”
- Explore Arusha National Park for a chance to see flamingos, giraffes, zebras and colobus monkeys, as well as breathtaking views of Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru.
- Visit Tarangire National Park, famous for its population of elephants.
- Interact with local Masai villagers and Hadzabe Bushmen to learn more about the region’s indigenous peoples.
- Descend into Ngorongoro Crater, home to its own ecosystem with a variety of wildlife including zebras, lions, wildebeest and the densest population of predators in Africa.
- Take game drives and bushwalks in the Serengeti, Tanzania’s most renowned national park and home to the famed wildebeest crossing at the Mara River.
- Visit Olduvai Gorge, the “Cradle of Mankind,” and attend an onsite lecture about Louis and Mary Leakey’s archeological work there.
- With luck, observe the “big five”: lions, leopards, elephants, buffalos and rhinos.
$5,325 per person (double occupancy)
Land cost only. Does not include international airfare.
Single room supplement $900
To enroll or for more information, visit: holbrooktravel.com/flmnhsafari-19
VenueKilimanjaro Airport Rd, Tanzania Tanzania, United Republic of Get Driving Directions
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee’s consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.