The Florida Museum of Natural History is excited to announce we are OPEN to the general public!
The Florida Museum’s reopening plan was guided by the University of Florida, with counsel from UF Health, to ensure a safe environment for all visitors. We appreciated your patience as we implemented new protocols and enhanced sanitation procedures to ensure a safe experience while inside our building, including COVID-19 testing of all Museum employees.
Learn more below about the steps we are taking to welcome guests again. Should you not feel ready to return just yet, please continue to enjoy our virtual programs, extensive online resources or email newsletters.
We thank you for your endless support and look forward to seeing you soon!
What We’re Asking of You:
- Be patient and understanding – this is new for all of us
- Face coverings are required for all visitors ages 2+ and must cover the nose and mouth at all times
- Follow a one-way path to ensure physical distancing
- Sanitize or wash hands frequently
- Credit cards are preferred for purchases
- Download our Museum Map in advance of visiting
- Review our Parking Map in advance of visiting
What We’re Doing:
- All Museum employees have been screened and tested for COVID-19
- All Museum employees are required to wear face coverings
- Limiting occupancy in certain public Museum areas
- Regular sanitizing of exhibits, galleries, workspaces and common areas
- Placing extra hand sanitizers throughout the building
- Increased signage and a one-way path to promote physical distancing
- Prior to reopening, staff performed a rigorous cleaning of all exhibit and high-touch areas
Things To Know:
- OPEN – Butterfly Rainforest, Megalodon, Florida Fossils, Northwest Florida, South Florida People & Environments, Exploring Our World, Fossil Plant Garden and Florida Wildflower & Butterfly Garden, Children’s Gallery and Collectors Shop
- CLOSED – Discovery Zone, Our Energy Future and Butterfly Rainforest Gift Shop
- Butterfly Rainforest admission tickets will be available for purchase at the entrance to the exhibit; Butterfly Spotlights are temporarily paused
- Self-guided Group Tours, virtual Field Trips and Plant Sales have resumed with modifications
- The visitor parking lot is $4 a day from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and free on weekends, and state and university holidays
- 45-minute metered parking spots and UF decal lots are still in effect
Frequently Asked Questions:
Please call Visitor Services at 352-846-2000 if you have further questions or need clarification.
The Fine Print:
By visiting the Florida Museum, all visitors voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-19 exposure and accept and agree to abide by these guidelines and all other signage posted on the premises. The Florida Museum may deny any visitor entry once building or exhibit limits are reached. All visitors ages two (2) and up must wear a face covering, consisting of a mask, cloth or shield that covers the nose and mouth. Masks with exhalation valves are NOT permitted and bandanas or neck gaiters are NOT recommended. Visitors under two (2) years of age are not required to wear a face covering. Visitors are responsible for providing their own face mask or shield. At all times, visitors must remain at least six (6) feet, or two (2) meters, apart from others not in their party. Visitors must respect all posted signage and follow all Florida Museum rules and instructions. Any visitor, including members of that visitor’s party, who fails to follow the Florida Museum signage, rules and instructions, may be denied entry or be required to leave the premise. Please call visitor services at 352-846-2000 if you have questions. Thank you for visiting!