- This event has passed.
The University of Florida and the Florida Museum invite you to honor the 2017 recipients of the Archie F. Carr Medal. We will be presenting to two esteemed scientists:
Dr. Karen Anne Bjorndal, University of Florida
Dr. Peter C. H. Pritchard, Chelonian Research Institute
5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Presentation by Dr. Bjorndal, “Building on Archie Carr’s Legacy: Preparing for Recovery of Endangered Species”
6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Medal presentation and reception
Please RSVP to this invitation-only event. Reservations accepted until Monday, Nov. 6. Email RSVP@flmnh.ufl.edu to make your reservation.
About the Carr Medal
The Carr Medal honors the late Archie Carr, University of Florida zoology professor and world authority on sea turtles. The medal recognizes outstanding national and international contributions to the knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of our natural heritage. Recipients are chosen by a national jury appointed by the Director of the Florida Museum of Natural History.
Past Medal Recipients
- 1979 Edward O. Wilson, Ph.D., Harvard University
- 1983 Thomas Eisner, Ph.D., Cornell University
- 1987 Peter H. Raven, Ph.D., Missouri Botanical Garden
- 1989 Jared M. Diamond, Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
- 1990 Thomas E. Lovejoy, Ph.D., Smithsonian Institute
- 1997 Michael E. Soule, Ph.D., University of California, Santa Cruz
- 2001 John F. Eisenberg, Ph.D., University of Florida
2001 Jay M. Savage, Ph.D., University of Miami
- 2013 Nalini Nadkarni, Ph.D., University of Utah
Venue3215 Hull Road
Gainesville, FL 32611 Get Driving Directions
The Florida Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance to a Florida Museum event constitutes the attendee’s consent regarding the possibility of appearing in Museum marketing materials.