FMScience is your online source for articles and news about the research and collections, scientists and staff, and wealth of knowledge here at the Florida Museum of Natural History.
Inspiring people to care about life on Earth.
The Florida Museum of Natural History manages some of the most comprehensive and widely utilized collections in the world. While the Museum’s primary geographic strengths are in Florida, the southeastern U.S. and the Caribbean Basin, its collections and research programs span the globe to include every continent and nearly every island group on Earth. These collections and related research initiatives inform wide-ranging issues of global change that affect the health and sustainability of Earth and its inhabitants, including:
- Climate change
- Invasive species
- Ecosystem services and human health
- Human interactions with the environment
- Biodiversity−loss and extinction, endangered species
- Environmental conservation, management and sustainability
- Public understanding of science
- Cultural heritage and change
- Water/air quality