Happy Earth Day! Are you wondering how you can make your wedding more eco-friendly? The Center for Biological Diversity’s Endangered Species Condoms Project has a new Wildlife-Friendly Wedding Guide with some great tips. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Holding your wedding ceremony and reception in the same location to reduce carbon emissions (you can do that at the Florida Museum!)
- Providing plant-based food options and sourcing local ingredients. It’s always great to showcase local beer and wine at your bar, especially when you have out-of-town guests – and Gainesville has some great beer!
- Recycling, composting, and avoiding single-use plastics
- Opting for edible favors or donations in lieu of traditional favors
- Sharing fun facts at your reception about what you’ve done to help the environment