The Florida Museum is now CLOSED to the public and will remain closed until further notice based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Gov. Ron DeSantis.
This step is needed to help safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and the community.
We are closely monitoring updates about the new coronavirus disease, COVID-19, and will continue to prioritize the safety of our community and employees as we make decisions based on the latest information.
The Museum will announce any additional cancellations, closures and updates on our website and social media channels.
Affected Museum events:
- April 2 – Science on Tap: Reptiles – POSTPONED to undetermined date
- April 3 – Rocklands Red Beer Launch – POSTPONED to undetermined date
- April 3-5 – Spring Plant Sale – POSTPONED to undetermined date
- April 5 – Museum For Me – CANCELED
- April 7 – Florida Springs Film Series: “Lost Springs” – RESCHEDULED to Sept. 14
- April 16 – Fieldwork Fails: Live Storytelling – RESCHEDULED to Sept. 24
- April 18 – Earth Day – GOING VIRTUAL on April 22
- April 19 – Picture Perfect Photography Workshop – POSTPONED to undetermined date
- April 19 – Tot Trot – CANCELED
- April 20 – Tot Trot – CANCELED
- April 21 – SciArt: Bookmaking and Papermaking – POSTPONED to undetermined date
- April 21 – SciArt Meetup: Women Scientific Illustrators – POSTPONED to undetermined date
- April 26 – National Geographic Live – CANCELED
- April 27 – Homeschool Day: Butterfly Rainforest – CANCELED
- May 3 – Ask a Scientist: Hot Topics – CANCELED
- May 11 – Members Annual Meeting – CANCELED
Our staff is actively monitoring recommendations from the CDC, local health officials and the University of Florida. We are committed to maintaining a safe environment for our visitors, members, employees and supporters.
Thank you for your support of the Florida Museum and our community.