The Florida Museum is CLOSED to the public and will remain closed until further notice.
As part of the University of Florida, the Florida Museum of Natural History’s reopening date will be guided by university policy and may differ from the schedules of other community entities. UF’s first goal is to ensure a safe environment for staff and faculty to return prior to opening to the public. This transition will be supported by a science- and data-driven program designed to minimize the spread of the virus, including COVID-19 testing of all Museum employees before they may return to work.
We appreciate your patience as we develop new protocols and procedures to ensure a safe experience for our guests, employees, volunteers and members. Please stay tuned for reopening date announcements in the coming weeks by checking our website and social media.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding, as we prepare to reopen our doors. We are committed to getting things just right for our patrons and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Affected Museum events:
- May 25 – Special for Veterans – CANCELED
- June-August – Summer Camps – GOING VIRTUAL
- June 14 – Tot Trot: Fishes – CANCELED
- June 15 – Tot Trot: Fishes – CANCELED
- June 21 – World Sea Turtle Day Celebration – CANCELED
- June 29-July 5 – Costa Rica Family Rainforest Camp – POSTPONED