Guide to Flowering Plant Families
We are pleased to announce the publication of a major illustrated reference, Guide to Flowering Plant Families, by one of our Research Associates, Wendy B. Zomlefer. This 430 page book, available in both hard and soft cover, includes:
For ordering information, contact:
University of North Carolina Press
Post Office Box 2288
Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2288
Phone: (800)-848-6224 Fax: (800)-272-6817
- Three introductory chapters: User's guide; Summary of cladistics (especially in reference to paraphyletic groups, i.e., monocots vs. "dicots"); How to examine, dissect and sketch live material.
- 130 families with modern referenced commentaries, charts, and professionally produced illustrations.
- 165 figures: 158 plates of intricate botanical illustrations plus 7 cladograms.
- 23 tables: 22 detailed charts comparing related families/subfamilies, plus a general table comparing all families in the book.
- Illustrated glossary: 551 terms accompanied by 302 drawings.
[News and Announcements]