Sawfish Outreach & Education
Education and public outreach initiatives are important components of the smalltooth sawfish recovery plan. In this section, you will find information useful in further educating and answering common questions the public may have on the conservation status of sawfish.
Outreach and Education PowerPoint Presentations
- Endangered Sawfishes : U.S. Perspective (PowerPoint document)
- Endangered Sawfishes: U.S. Perspective, Spanish version (PowerPoint document)
- Endangered Sawfishes: U.S. Perspective, Portuguese version (PowerPoint document)
General Outreach and Education Resources
- Sawfish Activity Guide (from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) (PDF)
- Sawfish Marina Sign (PDF)
- Sawfish Brochure (PDF) / Spanish (PDF)
- Most Commonly Asked Sawfish Questions
- Sawfish Attacked: Marine debris to blame for sawfish fatalities
Classroom Activities and Resources
These activities were adapted from the "Sawfish In Peril" educator workshop teaching guide. They include printable classroom activities like:
- What Is A Sawfish?
- How Are Large Are Sawfish?
- How Long Do Sawfish Live?
Visit: Sawfish Classroom Activities