Now open through Nov. 17.
This gallery exhibition offers a glimpse of how climate change affects important cultural sites. Learn how phenomena such as increasing temperatures, erosion and rising sea levels impact historic monuments around the world. An iPad with NASA’s Climate Time Machine showcases some of the effects of Earth’s changing climate over time.
- Observe high-resolution photographs capturing the effects of climate change on various cultural sites around the world, from Venice, Italy, to the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
NASA Climate Time Machine
- Interact with NASA’s predictive software that visualizes the changes in sea ice, sea level, carbon dioxide and global temperature from past to present.
- Storms intensified by climate change have damaged the Statue of Liberty’s museum and infrastructure.
- Scientists estimate that the beach at the Kennedy Space Center has moved inland as much as 200 feet due to erosion.
- According to the NASA Climate Time Machine, a 3-foot rise in sea level would submerge New Orleans.