Thanks to the help of algae bloom experts, we’ve answered your burning questions about blooms, broken down by each algae type.
The Gulf dead zone did not reach its record-setting prediction this year, but scientists say the measurement may not paint the full picture of the problem.
The Red Tide Task Force will complement the Blue Green Algae Task Force.
Plastic debris is typically portrayed as large garbage patches floating on the surface. But new research shows plastic debris is not just a surface problem.
Scientists at FIU have introduced Florida corals to a more resilient partner algae. Can it help corals adapt to warming waters?
It’s important for Floridians to stay informed, especially about a resource as crucial as water.
- Join the Florida Coral Crew
- Scientists return from coral rescue mission, continue restoration efforts
- Researchers Explore Using Viruses to Combat Blue-Green Algae
- Researchers consider more fresh ocean water for ailing Indian River Lagoon
- Treating nutrients with algae
- Citizen scientists collect vital data on microplastics – from their yachts
- Sargassum seaweed now piling up on Florida beaches becoming a regular ‘belt’ across Atlantic to Africa
- New deal will end pumping of treated waste water into the Sound