This opportunity is curated through the UF TESI Environmental Leaders Network. Opportunities posted through the Network may not be affiliated with the Florida Museum or TESI, but are shared with UF undergraduate students who want to learn more about environmental research, education and outreach, and civic engagement.
Bimini Biological Field Station Foundation
Type of Position
Unpaid, in-person (scholarships are available)
The Shark Lab is seeking highly motivated, hard-working people with a desire to gain experience in the field of marine and shark education, outreach conservation, and research. We are looking for interns who are proactive and eager to take on new challenges; who have great teamwork and interpersonal skills; who want to assist with all aspects of fieldwork & science communication; and who want to learn a variety of skill sets which will be an asset to their career in marine science.
- Must be over 18
- Must have a valid passport and be able to enter the USA and the Bahamas
- Able to carry 50lbs
- Able to live on a remote island with limited resources and medical facilities
- Be comfortable with communal living, sharing rooms, sharing household chore duties
- Be comfortable around large dogs
- Be willing to participate in outreach and education initiatives
South Bimini, Bahamas
January 08, 2024